This Executive level position is a visionary leader, responsible for planning and directing the aggregation, analysis and interpretation of data across the company to provide recommendations to improve retention and monetization.
This position will direct and oversee all data analysis efforts, mentoring and directing the Data and User Acquisition Departments in meeting quality and validity standards and in providing meaningful and data driven decision making that generates a positive impact for the company. The successful candidate will have a background in data pipelines, statistical methodologies, data driven predictive analytics, and machine learning strategies. Additionally, he/she will have extensive experience evolving a company’s big data platform, tools for data collection, data processing, exploration, visualization and insights. The VP of Data Science/Gameplay Analytics will apply the latest data engineering, analysis and machine learning techniques to innovate in both BI analysis and business scenarios such as target audience recommendation and personalized content delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, nurture, and grow Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering, and User Acquisition teams.
- Manage multiple projects in parallel and oversee their completion from start to finish, setting goals and project milestones
- Understand what data is available and develop an action plan that drives business decisions.
- Be on the bleeding edge of emerging and existing Data Science and Engineering practices to keep, drive and maintain Backflip as an industry leader in the space.
- Understand our Hasbro (Parent Company) and internal IP pipeline, genre considerations, the marketplace, and Digital data at a deep level and what that means for making decisions on content moving forward.
- Understand internal client’s KPI & metrics in order to respond with appropriate problem solving to guide teams
- Oversee the evaluation and enhancement of internal data tools and processes.
- Promote best practices for statistical analyses, modeling, and machine learning.
- Help determine what metrics are critical to the organization, construct predictive models to optimize those metrics, and build out those projects into useful data products.
- Use first/third party data sources across digital, linear and social platforms to better understand Backflip’s audience and derive insights to increase the value of the brand.
- Evaluate and grow the technical skills of the Data Engineering team, especially in the areas of architecture and scalability.
- Communicate results to key stakeholders in an intuitive and self-service manner.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (PhDs preferred).
- 12 years of relevant progressive experience in top technology and/or digital gaming industry to include 10 years experience in data analytics/data science leading innovative projects dealing with applications of data science and advanced data analysis. Experience includes 5 years of personnel/team leadership.
- Extensive experience with CRM architecture, data exploration, data cleaning, implementation of advanced statistical and machine learning algorithms (e.g., time-series analysis and forecasting, clustering, and advanced classification and regression techniques such as decision trees, neural networks, deep learning, and ensemble algorithms), as well as rigorous model validation and evaluation.
- Expertise in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, R, Java, SAS.
- Experience with creating large, scalable, cloud based pipelines and toolsets.
- 2 years experience with design and management of relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases; familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and AWS a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop and guide team members to deliver actionable results.
This position is based in Boulder, Colorado. Relocation assistance is provided.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com