Backflip has an immediate opening for an experienced QA Manager. This management level position reports to the VP of Production and is a vital component in ensuring our users enjoy a quality and technically sound game play experience.
This position has 20 direct reports and is responsible for ensuring that QA department resources meet the needs of the product teams, helping to realize the company’s strategic vision by allocating people resources to ensure testing and release deadlines are met. This position is responsible for the management, training and motivation of department personnel and the development and application of training plans, department processes and best practices to stay on the front lines of the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures qualified and well trained personnel are available to meet each projects QA needs
- Prioritizes and allocates people resources to meet release deadlines
- Develops and implements training plans, processes and procedures to maximize company potential
- Full cycle personnel management to include hiring, performance management, coaching and career development
- Acts as a resource to provide outstanding service to internal customers
- Provides guidance, mentorship, instruction, and education to large teams and individuals
This role requires an experienced QA professional with solid personnel management and development experience. The successful candidate will be a self starter with superior communication skills who can demonstrate an ability to understand and meet the big picture needs of the organization. Although specific experience in gaming QA is not required, candidates should have knowledge of and a natural interest and passion for gaming.
Education and Experience:
- HS Graduate
- 8 years of progressive career growth in a QA department to include:
- Systems testing experience
- 3 years QA Analyst experience
- 3 years experience in a full cycle personnel management position
- Prior experience creating and implementing department training plans
- Prior experience developing QA department processes and procedures
This position is located in Boulder, Colorado. Relocation assistance is provided Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org