Types of Data We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Apps. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address or other address you provide, and any other information you provide us when you contact us for support or provide feedback. We may also collect any information you provide us, such as your name, postal address, zip code, country of origin, and email, when you: (i) respond to one of our surveys, (ii) participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion, or (iii) sign up for one of our newsletters. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Apps.
Information Automatically Collected Via Technology
When you use one of our Apps, some information is automatically collected. For example, we collect a unique identifier for the device on which you install an App (“DID”, which may be your Apple Game Center ID (if you have signed up to Game Center and we have access to that ID)) and develop a profile about you keyed to that DID. We may store your DID with your contact information (like your email address) when you contact us for support, but otherwise we do not associate your DID with Personal Data we collect about you.
Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) also collect information from you, including your browser type, device type, operating system, application software, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), MAC address, Open Device Identification Number (ODIN), domain name, date/time stamps for your use of the App, and your DID.
Our Apps may also allow you to make “in-App” purchases. If you make an “in-App” purchase we will automatically collect information related to your purchase, or may receive such information from the platform provider (e.g. Apple or Google), including the item purchased, the name of the game you are playing, billing information and other information about your purchase.
Our Apps may also automatically receive age information, including date of birth, from the platform provider or which is associated with your DID.
Our Apps may periodically examine the contents of your device to determine the presence of other Backflip Apps on the device. The App will transmit the results of that examination to Backflip and our advertising service providers to be used in targeting advertisements to your device. For example, if you have PaperToss and Ninjump installed on your device, when you play PaperToss, we will not send you ads for Ninjump and will instead send you other more relevant ads. When you start or stop an App, it may display an ad and during gameplay, a rotating banner ad may be displayed.
We may also automatically collect information related to the overall effectiveness of our advertising campaigns via our advertisements delivered on third party web sites, apps and services (“Our Ads”). For example, we may collect information related to the number of people who click on Our Ads, and the number of people who download one of our Apps or other products via Our Ads. We may combine the information we collect via Our Ads with other information we collect via our Apps.
Third Parties Who Collect Information On Our Site and Apps
(b) Analytics. We may share your DID or other information with companies that perform analytics regarding our Apps (or enable such companies to collect your DID or other information): to analyze the use of the Apps for us; and for advertising about Backflip and other companies. These companies may combine data we provide to them or allow them to collect from or about you with data they collect in connection with other websites or applications.
(c) Third Party Offers. Our Apps may provide you access to third party services that offer in App rewards in exchange for your participation in the third party’s offer or activity (each an “Activity”). If you click on or otherwise participate in any Activity, the third party(ies) providing the Activity may automatically collect certain information about you and your participation in the Activity. Backflip is not responsible for any third party providing any Activity on its App, or the information collected by such third parties.
Third Party Advertisements
Use of Your Data
We use personal information collected through our Site and Apps for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our webite www.backflipstudios.com (the “Site”), in our Apps, or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Apps, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, Apps, products, and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- to send you push notifications;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to track (via your DID) your in-App currency, to send relevant ads to you, to save your scores, and to provide the services you request;
- to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Backflip and our selected partners; and
- link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We may also create anonymous and/or deidentified data records from your personal data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We may use such anonymous/deidentified information to back up App-related data, high scores, levels completed, in-game currency earned or purchased, and improve our products and services.
Sharing Of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information in our sole discretion.
Security of Your Personal Data
Backflip is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. While Backflip uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Backflip cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Last Revised: May 2015