FOR ALL GOOGLE PLAY REFUNDS, Please click here.
Please note: At Backflip Studios we test our apps on many of the most popular and well used stock Android devices. If you are having issues with an app, we will do our best to try to help you. That being said, we cannot guarantee support for all Android devices. In addition, if you have modified your device or are using additional accessories (i.e. keyboards) we cannot guarantee our games will run properly.
For a list of devices that are compatible with Google Play, please follow this link. If your device is not listed here, we cannot provide support.
How do I restrict in-app purchases for Android devices?
To set up a PIN for Android purchases via Google Play (Note: you must be using version 3.1 or higher of the Google Play Store app):
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Press Menu and then touch Settings
- Touch Set or change PIN
- Enter a PIN code, and touch OK
- Re-enter your PIN to confirm
- Check the box for “Use PIN for purchases”
To set up a PIN for purchases via Amazon Appstore
- Open the Amazon Appstore app
- Press Menu and then touch Settings
- Touch Parental Controls
- Select Enable Parental Controls
- Enter your Amazon.com password
- If you want to use a PIN instead of your Amazon.com password for in-app purchases authorization, check the box for “Use PIN”
- Enter a PIN code
- Re-enter your PIN to confirm
Note: These instructions may vary depending on which Android device you are using and what operating system is installed.
What information should I provide to Customer Support for Android device related issues?
- What operating System/Android Version are you using? Go to settings, About Phone, Android Version to find this information. (All Backflip Studios apps require version 2.3 or higher)
- Have you checked the app store to see if an update is available for the game or tried reinstalling the game?
- Please describe the issue you are experiencing in as much detail as possible.
- What carrier are you using (AT&T, Verizon etc)?
- What device are you using? What model is it?
- What game are you playing (please be specific, i.e., NinJump vs. NinJump Deluxe)?
- Is your device rooted?
- For DragonVale issues, what is your Facebook URL (i.e. www.facebook.com/USERNAME)?
I made a purchase but haven't received it yet!
Sorry to hear this! A lot of customers ask us why this happens and unfortunately, it is just the nature of electronic goods - sometimes they process incorrectly due to server connection issues and are not delivered in a timely manner or at all. We'd be happy to help. If you've made a purchase through the Google Play Store or the Amazon Store and haven't received your purchase, please email us at email@example.com and include the following information:
1. A copy of your receipt - you can copy and paste the information from the email receipt you got after making the purchase but we do need this information in order to credit the purchase. Please include the part of the receipt that lists the item i.e., "Sack of Gems".
2. Your Facebook Username - You can find this by going to Facebook on a web browser - go to your profile page and look at the web address. It will show www.facebook.com/your.name.02 - your username will be everything that comes after the forward slash.
PLEASE NOTE: If your DragonVale park is not associated with Facebook, we will be unable to access your account to credit gems and recommend you ask for a refund from Google or Amazon.
For any issues with Facebook logins and DragonVale including a 'sign in successful' loop or login windows popping up, please try the following:
1. Access your Facebook App.
2.While in the Facebook App, go to menu > account > account settings > apps > DragonVale > remove DragonVale.
3. Now open DragonVale on your device. The original request for DragonVale to access your Facebook account should appear.
4. Go into your Android Settings and Force Stop DragonVale (Go to Settings > Select Applications > Select Manage Applications > Tap on DragonVale > Tap Force Stop).
5. Now launch DragonVale and sign in as usual.
I don’t have enough available memory to download the app.
If you do not have enough space in your device’s local memory to download an app, please move applications or other items stored from your local memory to your SD card.
- Go to Manage Apps
- Tap on the app to move
- Tap Move to SD card
If you do not have an SD card, you will need to delete items from your local memory on your device to make room.
Note: If you move a Backflip Studios application to the SD card, all application related data would still be stored on your device’s local memory and not on the SD card.
My App won’t load.
Possible causes may be low RAM or the version of Android on your device. Or there may not be enough available disk space in the device. You can make room in your device by deleting items or moving items from the device’s disk space to your SD card. You can also try power cycling your device.
I am seeing white boxes.
This can happen when you are missing data. Here are some actions you can try to resolve this issue:
- Force stop app and restart
- Close all other apps that may be running
- Move apps from the device’s local memory to the SD card
I am seeing bad textures (noise, garbage, not white box).
To try to address this issue, uninstall and reinstall the app.
My app keeps crashing (i.e., the loading bar is displayed then the app crashes).
The crashing may be happening due to an inadequate amount of available memory to run the app. One possible solution would be to move the app from your device’s local memory to the SD card (Manage Apps, Tap App to move, Tap “Move to SD card”)
- Android devices typically have much less local memory than an SD card. Apps are almost all defaulted to be stored on the local memory first.
- You can view the current available local memory by going to Manage Apps. The information will be listed at bottom.
- You can also view current available SD memory by going to Manage Apps and tapping on “On SD card”. Information will be at the bottom.
I keep getting a Package File Error.
This can happen if you have a weak connection. If you continue to get this error, try connecting your device through WiFi and not through your carrier’s connection (i.e. 3G).
How do I save my game progress?
The way to save your progress for an app will vary.
- To save DragonVale park progress while using an Android device, you will need to use a Facebook account.
- Games such as Army of Darkness Defense or NinJump are local games. Therefore, if a reinstall is ever needed, your progress and achievements unfortunately will not be saved. You can, however, restore purchases for these applications by going into the Options menu in game and tapping Restore Purchases.
How do I force stop my app?
To do this, follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings
- Select Applications
- Select Manage Applications
- Tap on the app you wish to force stop
- Tap Force Stop
Note: These instructions may vary depending on which Android device you are using.
Can I play my iOS (Apple) DragonVale park on my Android device or vice versa?
DragonVale accounts and their data are NOT transferable between iOS (Apple) and Android devices. You cannot access your iOS (Apple) DragonVale park from an Android device nor can you access your Android DragonVale park from an iOS (Apple) device.
Associating Local Parks to Facebook
DragonVale park progress is stored on our servers for Android devices when the park is associated with a Facebook account. If you would like to associate your Local park with your Facebook account, please follow these steps (please note that this is a permanent choice and once you associate your Local park to your Facebook account, this cannot be undone):
- Launch DragonVale
- After DragonVale has loaded, tap on Options at the bottom of the screen
- In the Options menu, tap on Login with the Facebook icon at the bottom. You will be directed to log into Facebook
- You will receive a prompt asking if you want to continue playing your Local park or Facebook, select Facebook. Your Local park should now be associated with your Facebook account
- If you receive an additional prompt after selecting Facebook, you likely will want to pick the higher level park (this will only happen if you have played DragonVale with your Facebook account in the past)
Please note that you must log into Facebook to access your saved park if for some reason you do not remain logged into Facebook in DragonVale.
Can I have more than one DragonVale park?
If you would like to switch between parks in DragonVale, you will need to log out of Facebook through the options menu in DragonVale and then log back into Facebook with the other account through the options menu in DragonVale. Please note that when you log out of Facebook in DragonVale, this will start a brand new park. Once you log back into Facebook through options, your saved park will replace the new park.
How do I add friends to my DragonVale park? And/Or I am getting a “content has been reported as abusive” message when trying to add my Facebook friends. Why?
If you are getting this message, it is likely you are “inviting” friends, not adding them. In order to add friends to your DragonVale park, your friends will need to be added through Facebook.
- Each player must have DragonVale installed on their device.
- You must be friends with each other through Facebook.
- Each player must be logged into their Facebook account through the options menu in DragonVale to show up on each other’s friends list.
Please note that you may see a warning if you use the Invite Friends tab. This sends an invite to your Facebook friends and posts a link to their wall which can be marked as spam or report that “content has been reported as abusive”.