Please note: This FAQ is for Amazon specific Android devices; Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD. At Backflip Studios we test our apps on many of the most popular and well used stock Android devices. If you are having issues with an app, we will do our best to try to help you. That being said, we cannot guarantee support for all Android devices. In addition, if you have modified your device or are using additional accessories (i.e. keyboards) we cannot guarantee our games will run properly.
FOR AMAZON REFUNDS, please click here.
How do I restrict in-app purchases for Amazon devices?
To set up a PIN for purchases via Amazon Appstore
- Open the Amazon Appstore app
- Press Menu and then touch Settings
- Touch Parental Controls
- Select Enable Parental Controls
- Enter your Amazon.com password
- If you want to use a PIN instead of your Amazon.com password for in-app purchases authorization, check the box for “Use PIN”
- Enter a PIN code
- Re-enter your PIN to confirm
Note: These instructions may vary depending on which Android device you are using and what operating system is installed.
What information should I provide to Customer Support for Amazon device related issues?
- Have you checked the app store to see if an update is available for the game or tried reinstalling the game?
- Please describe the issue you are experiencing in as much detail as possible.
- What carrier are you using (AT&T, Verizon etc)?
- What device are you using? What model is it?
- What game are you playing (please be specific, i.e., NinJump vs. NinJump Deluxe)?
- Is your device rooted?
- For DragonVale issues, what is your Facebook URL (i.e. www.facebook.com/USERNAME)?
I don’t have enough available memory to download the app.
If you do not have enough space in your device’s local memory to download an app, you will need to delete items from your local memory on your device to make room.
My App won’t load.
Possible cause may be low RAM on your device. Or there may not be enough available disk space in the device. You can make room in your device by deleting items from the device’s disk space. You can also try power cycling your device.
I am seeing white boxes.
This can happen when you are missing data. Here are some actions you can try to resolve this issue:
- Force stop app and restart
- Close all other apps that may be running
I am seeing bad textures (noise, garbage, not white box).
To try to address this issue, uninstall and reinstall the app. If you are playing DragonVale, please make sure you have associated your park with your Facebook account prior to reinstalling the app. This will ensure your progress is saved and not deleted.
I keep getting a Package File Error.
This can happen if you have a weak connection. If you continue to get this error, try connecting your device through WiFi and not through your carrier’s connection (i.e. 3G).
How do I save my game progress?
The way to save your progress for an app will vary.
- To save DragonVale park progress while using an Android device, you will need to use a Facebook account.
- Games such as Army of Darkness Defense or NinJump are local games. Therefore, if a reinstall is ever needed, your progress and achievements unfortunately will not be saved. You can, however, restore purchases for these applications by going into the Options menu in game and tapping Restore Purchases.
How do I force stop my app?
To do this, follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings
- Tap More
- Tap Applications (this shows you your currently running apps)
- Find and tap on the application you would like to Force Stop
- Tap Force Stop
- It will ask you if you would want to stop. Tap Ok.
Note: These instructions may vary depending on which Amazon device you are using.
How do I get a refund for my purchase(s)?
We do not handle refunds here at Backflip Studios. Also, Amazon policy is that refunds are not available for digital goods. If a user has a valid reason for a refund (e.g. the app is not compatible with their device) they should contact Amazon customer service.
Can I play my iOS (Apple) DragonVale park on my Amazon device or vice versa?
DragonVale accounts and their data are NOT transferable between iOS (Apple) and Amazon devices. You cannot access your iOS (Apple) DragonVale park from an Amazon device nor can you access your Amazon DragonVale park from an iOS (Apple) device.
Associating Local Parks to Facebook
DragonVale park progress is stored on our servers for Android devices when the park is associated with a Facebook account. If you would like to associate your Local park with your Facebook account, please follow these steps (please note that this is a permanent choice and once you associate your Local park to your Facebook account, this cannot be undone):
- Launch DragonVale
- After DragonVale has loaded, tap on Options at the bottom of the screen
- In the Options menu, tap on Login with the Facebook icon at the bottom. You will be directed to log into Facebook
- You will receive a prompt asking if you want to continue playing your Local park or Facebook, select Facebook. Your Local park should now be associated with your Facebook account
- If you receive an additional prompt after selecting Facebook, you likely will want to pick the higher level park (this will only happen if you have played DragonVale with your Facebook account in the past)
Please note that you must log into Facebook to access your saved park if for some reason you do not remain logged into Facebook in DragonVale.
Can I have more than one DragonVale park?
If you would like to switch between parks in DragonVale, you will need to log out of Facebook through the options menu in DragonVale and then log back into Facebook with the other account through the options menu in DragonVale. Please note that when you log out of Facebook in DragonVale, this will start a brand new park. Once you log back into Facebook through options, your saved park will replace the new park.
How do I add friends to my DragonVale park? And/Or I am getting a “content has been reported as abusive” message when trying to add my Facebook friends. Why?
If you are getting this message, it is likely you are “inviting” friends, not adding them. In order to add friends to your DragonVale park, your friends will need to be added through Facebook.
- Each player must have DragonVale installed on their device.
- You must be friends with each other through Facebook.
- Each player must be logged into their Facebook account through the options menu in DragonVale to show up on each other’s friends list.
Please note that you may see a warning if you use the Invite Friends tab. This sends an invite to your Facebook friends and posts a link to their wall which can be marked as spam or report that “content has been reported as abusive”.