Game Design Manager
About the Role
As the head of the Game Design team, you’ll use your mobile game experience and industry passion to motivate a team of talented game designers in creating innovative and successful design initiatives for existing and new products. Working in collaboration with Game Designers and Company leadership, you’ll align people resources with the studios vision and the specific needs of each team.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll manage the performance of your team and drive them in their creative thinking through goal setting and frequent one on ones.
- You’ll collaborate with Leadership and Game Directors to understand the company’s strategic vision, aligning the strengths of your Department with the needs of the product.
- You’ll apply your in depth industry expertise to keep Backflip up to date on design and mobile free-to-play trends.
- 10 years of progressive experience as a mobile game designer
- 5 years of experience in personnel management and proven expertise in leading, managing and coaching employees
- Proven track record of game design in the F2P mobile gaming space
- Experience using Jira or other project management tools
- Experience using SCRUM and other Agile methodologies
Relocation Assistance is provided
- Paid medical, dental & vision premiums for employee & dependents
- Paid disability and life insurance premiums for employees
- Generous 401k matching & immediate vesting
- Paid cell phone and plan
- FSA Plan
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Discounts on Hasbro Toys
- Paid Time off and Company Holidays
- Company-provided iPad, iPhone and phone service plan
- Free membership at the gym of your choice
- Starbucks coffee and a company fridge stocked with sodas, juices & other drinks
- Game room outfitted with classic arcade & pinball machines